It’s easy to use Annie B’s caramel in your favorite recipes.
IF YOU NEED TO MELT CARAMEL:
- In a microwave, cut caramel into chunks and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20-second increments, stirring after each. Repeat until almost all caramel is melted, remove from microwave and continue stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- With a double boiler, cut caramel into chunks and place over simmering water, stir slowly until completely melted. If you don’t have a double boiler, use a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- On the stovetop, cut caramel into chunks and place in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir slowly and continuously until completely melted and smooth.
IF YOU NEED CARAMEL SAUCE: For 3/4 cup caramel sauce, melt 8 ounces (1/2 block) of Annie B’s caramel with 2 tablespoons of milk, cream or water. If a thinner sauce is desired, add 1 teaspoon of liquid at a time until desired consistency is reached.
IF YOUR RECIPE CALLS FOR WRAPPED CARAMELS, an Annie B’s one pound baking block is equivalent to:
- 57 individually wrapped Kraft caramels
- 46 individually wrapped Brach’s caramels
- 2 1/2 cups baking caramel bits
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR SEASONAL RECIPES BELOW
OR VISIT OUR BLOG FOR ALL RECIPES