Our original caramel is slow-cooked in copper pots, just as it has been since 1978. Handcrafted using natural ingredients including butter, brown sugar and condensed milk, our baking block is perfect for elevating your home baked goods to a level of greatness. Mellow and buttery with a perfect chewy texture, our caramels were named one of Oprah’s Favorite Things. Tuck some inside of cookies, bars or brownies, sneak a few into a pie or simply melt and drizzle atop ice cream, apples and pears. Check our blog for more recipe ideas here. Annie B’s original caramel is gluten-free and are handcrafted in small batches in our facility. Baking block weighs 1 Lb (16oz)
• Baking block weighs 1 Lb (16oz)
• Caramels will keep for 9 months if stored at room temperature.
• Caramels will keep for 12 months if stored in a refrigerator (avoid the humidity drawer) or freezer
• To melt in a microwave – cut caramel into pieces and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring after each. Melt until almost all of the caramel is melted. Remove from microwave and continue stirring until completely melted and smooth
• To melt using a double boiler - If you don’t have a double boiler, use a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir slowly until completely melted.
• To melt on the stovetop – cut caramel into pieces and place in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir slowly until completely melted and smooth, adding a little water, milk or cream if you need to prevent scorching.